- Pleasantly greet each customer at arrival.
• Drive assigned vehicle to locations as assigned by dispatch.
• Have knowledge on safe use and operations of the wheelchair lift.
• Provide courteous wheelchair escort between designated points.
• Must be familiar with area hospitals, contracted accounts, and have general knowledge of the streets of Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
• Must complete Wheelchair Safety Training.
• Must check wheelchairs for safe operation prior to each use.
• Must clean wheelchairs after each use.
• Make sure to assist with all car doors, and offer a hand of assistance to those customers who appear to need it while entering and exiting the vehicle.
• Watch carefully and assist with customers who appear to need assistance in the parking lot.
• Assist all customers with wheelchairs and walkers if need be.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess great customer service skills.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to push wheelchairs with guests over considerable distances.
- Must be able to push wheelchairs weighing more than 150 pounds with clients sitting in them.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete state of Illinois Rural Transit Assistance Center, HFS Driver/Attendant Safety Training class.
- Must pass drug and alcohol screening and background check.
Job Category: Medicar
Job Type: Full Time Night Shift Weekends
Job Location: Skokie
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Operations Supervisor