The EMS Educator develops and implements all aspects of instruction for Paramedic and EMT programs within the MedEx organization including New Hire Orientation.
THE EMS EDUCATOR WILL:
- Work with the Director of Education in coordinating teaching responsibilities.
- Create lesson plans and assess student skills
- Provide positive and timely feedback.
- Grade quizzes, tests, projects, and homework assignments.
- Design/develop and effectively use testing instruments while upholding the class policy and procedure handbook
- Mentor students, proctors, and other instructors
- Adhere to the course syllabus
- Instruct additional courses as needed (American Heart CPR, ACLS, PALS, or NAEMT course offerings)
- Demonstrate the mechanics of proper lifting, moving, CPR, and other job-related responsibilities for EMTs and Paramedics.
THE MEDEX DIFFERENCE:
- We believe EMS professionals deserve to use the best equipment available.
- Our box-style (Type III) ambulances utilize state-of-the-art technology, including the Stryker Power-LOAD system & Zoll X-Series cardiac monitors.
- MedEx was the first ambulance service in the country to use telemedicine as an ambulance provider
- With a fleet of over 80 vehicles, MedEx utilizes ALS, BLS, & Critical Care/RN ambulances, Paramedic Chase Cars, Supervisor Response Vehicles, and service cars.
- MedEx services hundreds of outstanding healthcare facilities throughout the Chicagoland area, including Lurie Children’s Hospital, University of Chicago Medicine, UI Health, and Swedish Hospital, part of NorthShore, to name a few.
- Competitive wages and benefits;
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K with match
- Uniform Allowance
- Flexible Scheduling
- Educational Opportunities & Sponsored Con-Ed
- Membership in NAEMT
- Supportive & Respectful Environment
EDUCATION, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS:
Successful Completion of EMS Lead Instructor Program with current IDPH Lead Instructor license
- State-licensed Paramedic (Preferred) or Nursing license
- CPR Instructor (Preferred)
- Highly desirable:
- Instructor for ACLS, PALS, PEPP, ITLS/PHTLS
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions.
- Must complete a pre-employment screening
- Must complete EMS System Entry
- Lead Instructor license must be in good standing with the EMS System & IDPH
- Chicago, IL
- Skokie, IL
- New locations are coming soon!
Can you help us grow? MedEx has delivered unrivaled emergency medical services for almost 25 years and is widely recognized as an industry leader! We’re adding top-tier talent to our team of highly skilled and dedicated EMS professionals. Help us continue to provide world-class service for our patients, customers, and clients.