The EMS Contract Manager will be on site with our partner hospitals and liaison to MedEx ambulance crews.
THE EMS CONTRACT MANAGER’S ROLES INCLUDE:
- Providing administrative support
- Working directly with the hospital discharge teams to ensure transports are scheduled and completed on time.
- Arriving before the EMS team to ensure the patient is ready for discharge.
- Assisting crews on-site to maintain a safe working environment.
- Developing and maintaining quality assurance and improvement processes
- Assisting with billing inquiries
- Providing technical assistance and outreach to our service providers
THE MEDEX DIFFERENCE:
- We believe EMS professionals deserve to use the best equipment available.
- Our box-style (Type III) ambulances utilize state-of-the-art technology, including the Stryker Power-LOAD system & Zoll X-Series cardiac monitors.
- MedEx was the first ambulance service in the country to use telemedicine as an ambulance provider
- With a fleet of over 80 vehicles, MedEx utilizes ALS, BLS, & Critical Care/RN ambulances, Paramedic Chase Cars, Supervisor Response Vehicles, and service cars.
- MedEx services hundreds of outstanding healthcare facilities throughout the Chicagoland area, including Lurie Children’s Hospital, University of Chicago Medicine, UI Health, and Swedish Hospital, part of NorthShore, to name a few.
- Competitive wages and benefits;
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K with match
- Uniform Allowance
- Flexible Scheduling
- Educational Opportunities & Sponsored Con-Ed
- Membership in NAEMT
- Supportive & Respectful Environment
EDUCATION, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- State licensed Paramedic (Preferred) or EMT (Required)
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions.
- Must complete a pre-employment screening
- Must complete EMS System Entry
- Chicago, IL
- Skokie, IL
- Work remotely at our contracted hospitals
Can you help us grow? MedEx has delivered unrivaled emergency medical services for almost 25 years and is widely recognized as an industry leader! We’re adding top-tier talent to our team of highly skilled and dedicated EMS professionals. Help us continue to provide world-class service for our patients, customers, and clients.