MedEx Ambulance Service is widely recognized as the premier ambulance transport provider in the Chicagoland area, providing exceptional patient care and customer service. MedEx has a state of the art critical care program where critical care paramedics and nurses work side-by-side to provide the highest level of care in the fast-paced transport environment, where knowledge, advanced skills, and autonomy are essential when every second counts. If you are a Registered Nurse with the following qualifications, and are looking for a flexible, rewarding career in critical care transport, apply today!
Successful candidates will have:
- Current Illinois RN License
- Minimum two years experience in the ER, ICU, or Critical Care Transport
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification
- NRP preferred
- PHTLS or ITLS preferred
- TNCC or TNS preferred
- Advanced certification preferred
- CTRN, CFRN, CEN, CCRN or equivalent
Critical Care Transport RN Responsibilities:
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, an evaluate patient care
- Interpretation and implementation of physician’s transport orders
- Interpretation and implementation of Standard Medical Orders
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the transport environment and equipment
- Assumes total patient care when in the best interest of the patient’s needs
- Documentation of care provided and patient responses to interventions
- Conveying all pertinent patient information to the receiving facility following HIPAA
- Participation in all training related to the Critical Care Transport Program
- Maintains all licensure, certifications, and skills required by the state and local authorities
- Ensures patient’s rights and confidentiality
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to successfully complete routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization. Ability to effectively communicate with other health care professionals.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to drive ambulance and other company vehicles (Must possess acceptable driving record and be insurable under company insurance coverage.)
- Familiar with Medical Terminology.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment.
- Accurately discerning street names through map reading and correctly distinguishing house numbers or business addresses are essential to task completion in the most expedient manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The associate is often required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and occasionally to taste or smell.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move more than 125 pounds. The patients are lifted to the stretcher occasionally carried over rough terrain on the stretcher, lifted to the ambulance, pulled out of the ambulance, and lifted to the bed they are to be left on when the personnel leave. Frequent lifting and moving up and down stairs with greater than 125 pounds. This is usually accomplished by two individuals. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.