Join Chicagoland’s award-winning ambulance service and become a part of the best EMS team, with the latest equipment and technology, providing emergency and non-emergency care to the community and renowned healthcare facilities.
Why You Should Consider MedEx:
Help us grow! Widely recognized as a leader in the industry, MedEx has delivered unrivaled emergency medical services for more than 20 years. We’re now adding top-tier talent to our team of highly-skilled and dedicated EMS professionals that will help us continue to provide world-class service for our patients, customers and clients.
The MedEx Difference:
- We believe EMS professionals deserve to use the best equipment available. At MedEx you will work with all new “Box-Style” ambulances equipped with the Stryker Power-LOAD System, which lifts the stretcher into the ambulance for you.
- All MedEx ambulances include state of the art technology. MedEx was the first ambulance service in the nation to use telemedicine in the ambulance, computer-aided dispatch software, integration of on-board computers, GPS/navigation and Zoll X-Series cardiac monitors.
- MedEx services hundreds of renowned healthcare facilities throughout the Chicagoland area including Lurie Children’s Hospital, University of Chicago Medicine, UI Health, and Swedish Hospital, part of NorthShore, to name a few.
- Sign-On Bonus
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits, including:
- BC/BS Medical Insurance
- BC/BS Dental Insurance
- BC/BS Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K with match
- Uniform Allowance
- Flexible Scheduling
- Educational Opportunities & Sponsored Con-Ed
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Membership to NAEMT
- Supportive and respectful environment
New State of the Art Equipment Including:
- Stryker power stretchers and power load systems
- Zoll X Series Cardiac Monitors
- Cardiosave Hybrid Transport Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
- New LTV 1200 Transport Ventilator’s
- Baxter Spectrum IQ Integrated Smart IV Pump’s
- Chicago, IL
- Skokie, IL
- Forest Park, IL
Education and/or Experience
High School graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Successful Completion of a CCEMT-P Program (preferred)
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- NREMT or IDPH EMT-P License
- Valid Driver’s License (preferred)
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions.
- Must complete a pre-employment screening
- Must complete EMS System Entry
- EMT-P License must be in good standing with current EMS System & IDPH