The Ambulance Dispatcher is responsible for proper deployment of resources and System Status Management. A preferred candidate will have EMS and Communications Center experience. The candidate must also have excellent communication and data entry skills.
- Appropriate deployment of emergency and non-emergency resources.
- Interact with field personnel professionally over the phone and radio.
- Receive requests for ambulance transportation.
- HIPAA Compliance.
- Ability to make decisions consistent with policy and guidelines.
- Ability to think logically and quickly during an emergency.
- Competitive wages and benefits including;
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Disability Insurance through AFLAC
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement Available
- 401K with match
- Uniform Allowance
- Flexible Scheduling
- Educational Opportunities & Sponsored Con-Ed
- Membership to NAEMT
- Supportive & Respectful Environment
- Experience in communications and customer service.
- Good judgment and remaining calm in high-stress situations.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform clerical functions.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Communicate effectively, via telephone and radio to obtain and provide relevant information.
- This position is located in Skokie, IL
EDUCATION, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Licensed EMT, EMD, or experienced EMS Dispatch (preferred).